I saw this on spikey bits and had to steal pictures and post here, I may want to try this one day. What an awesome Idea.
Sunday, June 28, 2015
The faction is complete WOOHOO!!! I should put an asterisk some where because, there are 2 more models for this faction that has not been made yet, but I will get those the second they are released or kickstarted.... Pokemon rule is in effect, gotta buy them all.
|Wonder Wight Complete|
I have 2 models finished this week. Although that big behemoth should count as 3 or 4 LOL. I also prepped some terrain, so completions this week was sparse. May do some more pulp this week, along with malifaux.
|An indie villain Tangent is complete.|
|More necroplane done. Working on Wonderwight, I think she is my last one to paint before the necroplane is finished (until the new ones arrive anyways)|
Wednesday, June 17, 2015
|These for the most part were complete. I had some tweaks to finish it off. like the chains and the sword. I went ahead and completed these.... I lost the hook and can't find it (Drat)|
Been a little sluggish on getting stuff done this week. I had some real life stuff get in the way, had to take my son to college orientation and work late to make up the hours I missed.
|Orin midwinter a merc that is from Khador Origins and will work for my cryx army or my mrec army :)|
|Another minion for Pulp City complete my hover cats are complete.|
Sunday, June 14, 2015
|I did the ladies in different colors Gold, Bronze and Silver. I know the poses are different, but I wanted to make the differences noticeable in battle.|
I completed The Witch Coven of Garlghast. This is a huge milestone, as I have had them a while primed and I think a stroke of paint on one of them for months. Finally have them done (sans base) to be ready for the table. No they wont win a golden demon, but they will make a game look better painted.
Thursday, June 11, 2015
Sunday, June 7, 2015
|Feartigo and Robochimp done (except for Robo's base, I cant figure out what he is standing on)|
|Before pic of robo chimp and hover cat #2|
|Hover Cat #1 done|
|Some malifaux complete. These guys were primed and not any where near being table ready. I decided to finish them up.|
|John Henry Done|
|Another Hover cat #1 pic|
|Feartigo with the rest of my scarecrow crew. They are also in front of my FLGS.|
Tuesday, June 2, 2015
|Finished Solar... the Good guys needed some help.|
|John Henry (Spinespur line) Hover Cat, Tritoniuos, Tangent|
|Feartigo and Chronin|
So those are some models I will try to get painted as part of the painting challenge.
So there is this I signed up for.
The pre-season has begun! David at Spiderweb of History has taken the lead on burnishing the rules and started the collective dash of lemmings towards the mountains of lead. It's simply easier to copy and paste his informative post here:
Alright everybody, it's time for the 2nd Annual 6 Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge or 6MMRPC. We've changed up the time frame - it's going to run from June 1, 2015 thru November 30, 2015. This avoids Christmas. There have also been a few rules changes, and some exciting additions IN BOLD.
1. No purchasing of new miniatures, EXCEPT if you use a joker. You get three jokers to use on a figure purchase. Could be a blister pack, an ebay bundle, or a single figure...you can't splurge. The only exception to this rule is if you need bitz or A FIGURE (Singular) to complete a unit/warband etc.
1.1 - There is an opportunity to "earn" additional jokers. If you complete an entire project (whole unit/army/warband etc.) with pictures of starting, WIP, and completion, you earn yourself a Joker.
2. Gifts do not count against you. Holidays, birthdays etc. Also, if you're given gift cards by your hobby illiterate family or friends, you can without penalty use them on anything you want miniatures wise.
3. Paints, terrain (or materials), and other hobby supplies do not apply to the no purchasing rule.
4. At least one hobby related blog post and/or Instagram update a week. If you instagram, be sure to hashtag your pic with #6MMRPC
5. Zombtober will be part of the 6 month challenge so, Zombie related stuff during October is ENCOURAGED. Other theme suggestions are welcomed.
6. Anyone that wants to submit a before and after picture of a miniature that they are proud of completing during the course of the challenge to firstname.lastname@example.org will be entered into the running for a gift certificate to a online wargaming store of their choice. Judging will be by an un-biased person. Amount on the gift certificate will be dictated by winners nationality but should work out to about $30 U.S. I (Spiderweb of History) will not be eligible to win.
So spread the word folks, and lets make this an even better challenge than the last!
For those looking for additional info about this madness, please check out -
We look forward to seeing you there!